Let me put it plainly, my job is to make your life easier. If you need, or have questions about, a scooter, powerchair, ramp, lift, or anything else we sell, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
American Diabetes Wholesale
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Pimp Your Rascal Scooter
How It All Began
With just two days before our summer picnic at The Rascal Company, our president, Mike Flowers, scheduled a surprise meeting! Mr. Flowers asked us this very important question… “How can we turn this year’s company picnic into an experience where employees really come together?” Before we knew it, the very first “Pimp My Rascal” committee was formed…
We then had 48 hours to “Pimp Out” 5 Rascals! Immediately the room was filled with excitement, and creative minds were going! Everyone raced to share the news with their team and the competitive, creative energy began…
Each team decided on a theme, and everyone chipped in with their special talents. Painters painted, the handy built and the creative minds all worked together. We had to have our Rascals “Pimped” by 11:30am Friday, and boy did we cut it close!
Once the Rascals were finished and displayed at the picnic, the party began. We were all having a great time voting, showing off our Rascals and seeing what fellow co-workers designed!
Enter TODAY for your chance to WIN
A NEW Rascal Scooter! It's easy...
Here's how to enter!
Simply click here to email your photo! email@example.com
Remember to include your name, address,
and phone number
as well as a nickname and
a brief decription for your scooter creation!
Physically mail your photo to:
“Pimp My Rascal”
PO Box 156
Sewell NJ, 08080
Contest Rules: 2010 “Pimp My Rascal” Customized Scooter Photo Contest
Promotional Period. Official Contest Entries will be accepted by Electric Mobility Corporation dba The Rascal Company beginning September 1, 2010. All entries must be received before the end of the promotional period, by December 15, 2010, 12:00PM EST.
2. Participation and Eligibility. This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom who are 18 years and older at the time of entry. Mobility Consultants, employees of The Rascal Company and their families are excluded from entering the contest. Employees of durable medical equipment and competing mobility industry companies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Voting is permitted. No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
How to Enter. Contest Entries are accepted by photograph only. Photographs of contest entries may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed Attn: “Pimp My Rascal” PO Box 156 Sewell NJ, 08080. Photographs submitted via email must be no larger than 600x600 pixels.
How to Vote. Voting will be held on The Rascal Company’s “Rascal” Facebook page in the photo album titled “Vote Now! Pimp My Rascal.” Votes are tallied via number of “likes” a particular photo received. Photos will be uploaded to the album by The Rascal Company only. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote to “Like” a particular Contest Entry per Facebook user. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, The Rascal Company reserves the right to disqualify the Contest Entrant in its sole discretion. If The Rascal Company’s “Rascal” Facebook page and/or the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, The Rascal Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
Contest Entry. Safety of the Contest Entry (i.e. customized scooter or powerchair) cannot be compromised or depicted to be compromised. Contest Entry has to be a Rascal scooter or powerchair. Original specifications for the center of gravity, speed and wheelbase of the Rascal scooter or powerchair can not be modified to qualify as a Contest Entry. Winner must submit Rascal Serial Number as proof of Rascal ownership before prize is awarded. Scooter must be functional and able to be ridden. Rider must have clear visibility when riding the scooter. Stability of the Contest Entry must be maintained and depicted to be maintained for safe operation. If the Contest Entry includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place The Rascal Company under any fiduciary or other obligation, that The Rascal Company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, The Rascal Company does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting The Rascal Company perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
6. Winner Selection and Prize. One (1) Prize winner will be selected by The Rascal Company based on the greatest number of votes received from among all entries received. Verification of Rascal serial number is required before prize is awarded. The winner will receive his or her choice of one of the following Rascal Balance Scooters: Rascal Balance 600, Rascal Balance 700, Rascal Liteway 214, Rascal Liteway 224, Rascal UltraLite 370, Rascal AutoGo 555B, or Rascal MicroBalance 170. The prize that may be awarded to the eligible winner is not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. No substitution or assignment of prize is permitted, except for that the sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize is unavailable. If the winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, The Rascal Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner grant The Rascal Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the “Pimp My Rascal” Customized Scooter Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that The Rascal Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against The Rascal Company and its employees and independent contractor Mobility Consultants for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. The winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of The Rascal Company employees. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Rascal Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and The Rascal Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by The Rascal Company and are final. The Rascal Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Rascal Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign The Rascal Company’s waiver and release form to claim the prize. The Rascal Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the “Rascal” Facebook page. The Rascal Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, name of Contest winner, visit The Rascal Company’s website PimpMyRascalScooter.com. All entries become the property of The Rascal Company and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing name of contest winner, running specific disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
All decisions by The Rascal Company in calculating votes, selecting finalists, awarding prizes, or in conducting any and all other aspects of a "Pimp My Rascal" Customized Scooter contest are made by The Rascal Company in its sole discretion and are final and not subject to appeals.
The Rascal Company SHALL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT OR ADMINISTRATION OF ANY CONTEST, CONTEST ENTRY, OR IN ANY OTHER RESPECT IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR INTERACTION WITH THE SITE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST.
Employees and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling or sibling's spouse) of employees of The Rascal Company and its affiliates are not eligible to participate.
As an entrant in this photo contest, it is your responsibility to determine that you are eligible to enter and to comply with the entry instructions and other photo contest rules set forth herein. Any violation of the contest rules may result in your disqualification, in the sole discretion of The Rascal Company.
By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to the contest sponsors herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
6. Entrants acknowledge and agree that The Rascal Company shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the entrant submits.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting any photograph entry, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue the “PIMP MY RASCAL” CUSTOMIZED SCOOTER CONTEST, its sponsors (including but not limited to the (ELECTRIC MOBILITY CORPORATION dba THE RASCAL COMPANY) and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns (“PIMP MY RASCAL” CUSTOMIZED SCOOTER CONTEST”), of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against the “PIMP MY RASCAL” CUSTOMIZED SCOOTER CONTEST by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the “PIMP MY RASCAL” CUSTOMIZED SCOOTER CONTEST from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.
How to Vote for your favorite scooter creations on FACEBOOK
CLICK HERE to go to the voting area Link to voting Area on FACEBOOK
and choose you're favorite scooter creation!
It's easy! Just log in to your Facebook account and click the "LIKE" button
under the photos you like the most!
FINALLY If you don't have a RASCAL and NEED one, to PIMP or just to make it easier to get around. Or know someone who needs one. Email me at email@example.com or call me at 315 691-2025. If you're within driving distance I'll be happy to come see you and help you get your own Rascal. If too far away I'll make sure someone closer to you does it.
Born about 15 miles from where I was living when I started blogging, at the Norwich NY Hospital. Grew up in Oxford and Tyner NY, we moved to South New Berlin. We had lived in town in Oxford until my father decided he wanted to be a farmer. So we moved to a farm in Tyner. The house burned which is when we moved to South New Berlin onto another farm. Then to Southern Calif. in Fullerton, went to Buena Park High School. My Aunt lived out there in Anaheim, had from her time in the service (WWII). My interest in the occult (it means unknown) stemmed from hearing her talk about Edgar Cayce.
Lived there for next 30 years or so. Got into sales f/t.
Moved to NY in 12/91 figuring to stay awhile and go back to Calif. Still here 18 years later, selling Rascal scooters in home in 98, then the new VA div selling to VA hospitals in 99. Still there covering 98% of upstate NY. Working on raising the money to get back to Calif. 2011, finally back to Calif couldn't take another NY winter. Living in Fullerton again, still in sales, a great job in Orange.