Dish Network

Free Satellite TV!

American Diabetes Wholesale

$12 Off Orders $100 or More! Use Code: ADW12100

Monday, January 11, 2010

Selling Scooters

I just want to mention that I sell mostly, but NOT only, to the VA hospitals. I also sell to those who need a scooter or something else, but are not Veterans. In these cases sometimes Medicare or Medicaid may pay, all or part of the cost. But usually the buyer pays, sometimes with private insurance, more often in cash, or by check, or credit card.  There may also be financing available.
Many people are concerned about what they perceive as high cost. I'm the first to admit Rascal's, and all other scooters for that matter, are not cheap.  But what of value is? I always say that whatever it is, if you don't need it, whether it's a dollar or ten thousand, it costs too much. But, if you need it, really need it, that's different.
Rascal Insurance Services can be a great deal of help. If you think that your insurance would pay for your scooter, give me a call and I will come out, if you're in upstate NY and do the evaluation. If elsewhere I will get in touch with Rascal and arrange for another rep to help you.  I've copied the Insurance Services Faqs from the Rascal website below, I did put in my phone number.
Rascal Insurance Services

Since 1974, Rascal has been helping make people's lives better by providing a complete line of Power Chairs, scooters, accessories, and transport systems. Our expert staff has over 20 years of insurance claims processing experience and will help you every step of the way. We'll work with your physician, handle the  paperwork, and deliver to your home if you qualify.

For information or to schedule an evaluation, email me at

CANADA RESIDENTS: see the Ontario Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Coverage and Payment criteria for mobility products.

Frequently Answered Questions

We've put together a list of the most commonly asked questions from our customers. Please feel free to email me with any additional questions.

1. What portion of the cost does Medicare* pay?
If you qualify, Medicare may cover up to 80% of the allowable cost, and your supplemental insurance may pay the remaining 20%. In most cases, our customers pay little to nothing* for their powerchairs or scooters.

2. What kind of doctors can qualify me for a powerchair or scooter?
Any doctor that is familiar with your medical condition can complete the paperwork for power mobility, with the exception of a Podiatrist, Psychiatrist, or a Chiropractor.

3. Will my doctor select a powerchair or scooter?
Your doctor will work with our Rascal Insurance Services Team to determine the model that is most appropriate for your medical needs.

4. How do I get an evaluation?
A knowledgeable Mobility Consultant will work with you and assess your needs. In most cases, prior to delivery of your vehicle your mobility consultant will conduct an environmental and safety inspection and complete a pre-qualification application that includes information about your health history and life style. Simply call to schedule an appointment at your convenience.

*Medicare or private insurance may cover the entire purchase price of a power mobility vehicle. Little or no out-of-pocket expense is based on Medicare paying 80% and secondary insurance paying the remaining 20% of the cost. You may not be eligible for these benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment